Thursday, January 8, 2009

Please

I woke up this morning to the news talking about riots in Oakland, 25 cars were damaged, a McDonalds was burned down and other businesses damaged. Why? It was response to a shooting of an unarmed 22 old man who was out on New Years. A BART officer shot this young man, why? We don't know the answer, but seriously, do we need to respond to this by burning down cars and damaging property? Will that bring back Oscar Grant III? No. Will this speed up the investigation? No. What it will do is hinder a community. This is the time for people to come together and help those who have lost a son, a father, a friend. This is the time to question the actions of others. This is not the time nor is it ever the time to destroy your community. I know it's frustrating, and I know there alot of questions that need to be answered; but please, don't destroy your community. Violence doesn't solve the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment