Wednesday, November 5, 2008
You suck... Household Bank...
Last month, I received a bill from Household back for my annual fee of $40. I never use my credit card (it has a low limit) and I have other cards that I use (Amex, LOVE IT!). I set it up on my credit unions bill pay site to pay on the due date. It was taken out of my bank account on the due date and I though all was well in the world. Turns out that the HB posted to my credit card the next day, so I got charged with a $30 late charge. Me being the nice person that I am, I thought I would email and see if I can get the charge removed. I've never used the card, I pay only my annual fee and it was 24 hours late. Not a month late, not in collections status, just a day late. They replied back saying they they can't do that. I replied back, pleading my case, saying please escalate to a supervisor if need be. They still refused to remove it. So I called them and told them I want to close my account. They wanted to ask me why, I told them, "It's a matter of principle, you folks won't waive the late charge, so I want to close both my accounts." I work in customer service and normally, you can waive charges, but what do I get to hear? "Oh I'm sorry to hear you are closing your account, would like to keep one of the cards open for an emergency?" Um... HELL No...I do not wish to keep one of your crappy cards if you can't even waive the damn late fee... I have 2 Amex cards which would cover me just fine. Go to credit card hell Household Bank. I am sure there are plenty of people out there who are seriously delinquent whom probably try to pull some scam to get their late fees waived and you do it for them... Here I am, 24 hours late, no fault of my own... you can't waive $30 for me...everyone I know will hear about this Household Bank... YOU SUCK!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hey Rish - I too added you to my blog list. About your post - I have done exactly the same thing a few times. Some places are really good about late charges, but other places not so much. In fact, I canceled our Comcast account because the poop head on the other end of the phone said that he absolutely COULD NOT give us the online promotional amount. I asked him for a manager, and even the manager said, "Sorry to hear your canceling, I can transfer you to our cancellation dept", and that was that. I will never go back to Comcast. The same thing has happened with CC companies. Just out of principle if I CC company does that, I'm out. (Even if it's my fault for paying late, if they aren't graceful AT ALL, I will cancel the account). :) Good for you for taking a stand!
ReplyDelete