Black Friday, 34 year old Jdimytai Damour was unlocking the doors of a Long Island Wal-Mart and mobs of people rushed into the store, crushing him and ultimately killing him. It makes me so sad to see a life taken away merely so people can get their adrenaline rush to buy deeply discounted items that they will probably use once or regift. Black Friday used to mean retailers were seeing a profit, now it is known as a sporting event, a day where companies slash prices and consumers will do anything to get their hands on it, even if it means taking a life. This is why I do not go out on Black Friday, I know there won't be a huge crowd where I go, but to think that someone died on a day that was to celebrate (what used to be) great shopping is not worth it to me in my book. I will not go out shopping on Black Friday in memory of Jdimytai Damour.
What makes me more pissed off is now 2 people are suing Wal-Mart for being injured in the mad rush....they chose to go out there and wait with the huge crowd. Hell, perhaps they were involved in the mad stampede that killed Jdimytai, who was just doing his job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment