Ok, so there is this little Japanese place by my house that has really, really good sushi considering it's in the Central Valley. The owners are really nice and are always chatting with you. They have cute rolls named for things in our area like the UOP roll, the ITT roll, the Harlan roll (that's one of our streets) and so on...I asked Susan why don't they add a John Deere roll... so she told me, come up with an idea and we'll try it out... so I ask you friends... (Carol, oh great sushi master)...ideas? I think I'd rather call it the JD Roll...avocado with yellowfin? I'm a big fan of sushi with cream cheese in it (I know, it's probably not the greatest thing, but hey, it's good stuff!). So, if you have any suggestions for a JD roll, that would be fabulous!
The other day at work, I think I was seriously PMSing, it seemed like every last customer was getting on my nerves. They decided to throw in some billing calls in our queue, and I get a call from a lady who is yelling at me for turning off her services, she states she just paid the bill in cash... I look at her account, yes ma'am I see there was a payment made on the account for $200, however, I do show that a check for $200 was posted to the account last Friday and it was returned, thus causing you to be $200 short still. She then proceeds to tell me how it's our fault and she never had this problem with our competitor... Let me think about this...
Nov Bill....$300
Check ($200)
Balance$100
Dec Bill...$200
Balance...$300
Cash Payment...($200)
Balance...$100
Check returned...$200
NSF Fee...$25
Balance...$325
So you're telling me that when you were with our competitor, you never bounced a check? Then she tells me that she knows the check didn't clear, hence the cash payment, I'm trying to tell her that we bill one month in advance and she still owes us from November... not to mention I looked at her billing cycles and NSFs on her account, I'm surprised she's allowed to write checks with us! I ended up transferring her to billing, so they could tell her in childlike terms...That day I felt just downtrodden and down with customers, it reminded me of that episode of Family Guy when they have a clip of Darth Vader working at the DMV and he goes home to complain to his wife...I felt like Darth that day...sigh...I'll go apply for a loan to build a death star...I'd post a clip if I could, but youtube has no Family Guy clips...boo...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I have been thinking and thinking about what kind of roll you can call a John Deere roll. I have no freaking clue! But, I do have an idea for you (since I've never actually seen the menu).....check out menu's online of other sushi places and see what kind of rolls they have that they place by your house doesn't. If a roll is on a couple of different menu's then you probably have yourself a winner. Those other places wouldn't keep it on the menu if it wasn't ordered right? So, there's my idea. :) I hope it helps!
ReplyDelete