Since I've moved up to BFE, I haven't really had a "late night", meaning I usually end up crashing at a friends house (thank you Jackie!) or my moms. Well, the other day, my close friend Jason, sends us a message that he wants to go out on Friday night for drinks in Campbell. I contemplate it considering that Jason lives in Boston and my other best friend, Melanie was going to be there (She lives outside of Reno). I decide to go as Jeremy had to go to Tahoe to help his uncle set up their washer/dryer (I know, what a good nephew). I had to stop over at my friend Jackies house before I headed out as Santa had a couple of things to drop off. I tried to get her to go, but alas, she had no sitter. :(
I drive over to Campbell around 8:45. Years ago, the night didn't start for us until about 10:30/11, and looking back on it, hell, we should have met up at 9! When I got there, I had rock star parking and our friends, Maggie and Brian had scored a little nook with a couch and loveseat (Our own VIP room, if you will!), yeah....people were jealous...we had the spot...
Now Maggie, is a fabulous woman. She has a take charge, no sh** kind of attitude which I love. It turns out that later in the evening when a couple of us had left for a few minutes, some guys asked her if the chairs we were using were taken. She told them yes, but yet, they had the audacity to ask the waitress who then, not knowing, took them and gave them to the guys who knew they were the chairs we were using. Maggie, walks up to the guys and basically says, did those chairs magically appear out of nowhere, cause I know you know we were using them, and the guys says, "what? you want them back?" and she says, "yes I do".. Go Maggie...She won't think twice about throwing down with a guy...*mental note* take Maggie with me if I ever have a fight, she's got my back. I love you Maggie.
The rest of the night was wonderful! It was a reunion of old friends who used to spend weekends at the Brit, looking for the beer wench or beer necklace guy, complaining about the lack of intelligent men or women we could never find, making new drinking friends on the back patio. We're all a bit older and wiser now, but the good times never change with friends. I love you guys. I couldn't ask for better friends. All I could have asked for was my house to be closer, because it took me over an hour to get home! And being the trooper that I am, I went to bed at 2:30, woke up at 5:30, went to work, and went to a friends house on Saturday night! (Chas, that dinner was yummo!!!) :) Pics will be up soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment